Bhutan Nuns Foundation
1st INTERNATIONAL BUDDHISTS NUNS CONFERENCE IN BHUTAN
The 1st International Buddhists Nuns Conference is dedicated to providing a platform for discussing roles and responsibilities of nuns in the post-modern world: exchange ideas and best practices around the world, inspire and empower the nuns, especially Bhutanese Nuns, in order to increase their informed and active participation in both their religious and civic life. About 100 nuns from Bhutan and abroad are expected to participate. The Bhutan Nuns Foundation is glad to announce that it will be hosting the Bhutan’s first INTERNATIONAL BUDDHISTS NUNS CONFERENCE from the 14th to the 16th of December 2013 in Paro, Bhutan.
The opening ceremony will be held on the 14th of December under the patronage of Her Majesty, the Queen Mother, Ashi Tshering Yangdoen Wangchuck.
Jetsunma Tenzin Palmo will grace the Conference with her presence.
The Bhutan Nuns Foundation would like to thank Ven. Jetsunma for the continuous support she offers to the Nuns of Bhutan.
Venerable Karma Lekshe Tsomo will also be one of the main speakers at the conference.
The Bhutan Nuns Foundation invites you to participate in this multinational conference. Participants are expected to submit a paper on the following suggested sub-themes (but not limited to these only), which include:
- Roles and responsibilities of nuns in the post-modern societies
- Education and health
- Opportunities and challenges faced by nuns
- Gender equity
- Pilgrimage and spiritual well-being
- Nunneries and community life
Candidates selected for the conference will be informed through email.
For further information regarding the accommodation, the amount of registration fees, the mode of payment and other logistics, please refer to the above “registration conditions” and “registration form”.
You are not able to attend the Conference but you would like to support this Event :
You can contribute by donating the equivalent amount of the registration fees (150 USD). Your donation will help provide transportation, accommodation and meals to the Bhutanese Nuns during this 3-day Conference. Thank you for your support !
Please mention “December Conference donation” on your transfer.
- Show of Interest and Paper Submission: July 31, 2013.(Download the “Show of Interest” form: DOC format | PDF format)
- Registration Form (Download REGISTRATION FORM:PDF DOCX
- Last Submission of Abstract: October 30, 2013
(Arrival on 13th December- Departure on 17th/18thDecember)
1. Bhutan Nuns Foundation will provide for :
- Tourist fees exemption
- Conference facilities
- Lunch and refreshments during the conference
- Transportation to the venue and back to the airport
- Local excursions in Paro
2. Registration Fees :
- 150 USD per person – contribution for the 3-day Convention.
- Payment to Bhutan Nuns Foundation by bank transfer.
- To be paid upon registration and prior to visa application by Bhutan Nuns Foundation
Conditions : No refunds will be made after visa is granted
3. Personal Expenses :
Participants will bear their :
- International travel expenses
- 40 USD Visa fees upon arrival at the Airport in Paro
- Local accommodation(incl. telephone, mini bar etc.. ) and dinners.
Organizers have negotiated with one of the best hotels in Paro for special discounted rates :
- Zhiwa Ling Hotel Paro : http://www.zhiwaling.com/
- Single occupancy : USD 120 including taxes and breakfast
- Double occupancy : USD 132 including taxes and breakfast
- Payment at the hotel can be made by International credit card (Visa, Mastercard..)
4. Optional Trips
In addition, you will have the opportunities to enlarge your experiences of Bhutan, we are offering two optional following trips:
1. Tuesday the 17th of December; a day trip to Thimphu for the festivities around the Bhutan’s National Day.
2. Wednesday the 18th December; an overnight trip to Punakha to receive audience with His Holiness the Je-Khenpo and to see one of the most beautiful Dzongs in the country.
Note: There is an additional cost of $150 for each of the above trips. This includes transportation and hotel rooms but does not include food and other incidentals.
At each participants costs (BNF will be happy to help with the logistics)
5. Others: Currency and Banking
We would encourage you to exchange money at the Airport upon arrival. ATMs are sometimes not reliable. We would encourage you to get more cash exchanged than you might think you would need. You can always exchange back to US $ upon your departure.
- Bhutanese currency is Ngultrum (Nu.) and is officially pegged to the Indian Rupee
- There are ATMs in Paro and Thimphu accepting international credit card.
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE REGISTRATION FORM IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMAT:
We remain at your disposal for any further information you may need firstname.lastname@example.org and look forward to receiving your registration.
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE REGISTRATION FORM IN:
Please download draft agenda of the conference from following links: