Skip to content
Job Description for Senior Manager
Job Description: Chief Senior Manager
This document sums up the broad responsibility expected from the Chief Senior Manager
Planning and Policy duties
- Formulate the yearly plans in collaboration with Board
- Implement and update the plans; supervise implementation by staff members under his/her direction.
- Plan new projects
- In collaboration with the Executive Director/Board, elaborate a corporate image for the Foundation, implement it and ensure its observance at all levels.
- Ensure good functioning of the administration level of the Foundation.
Organizationaland Development duties
- Create/maintain the organization chart of the Foundation
- Assist in making job descriptions for staff members
- Monitor the targets set for staff
- Conduct the Annual Performance Appraisal;including counseling, distributing rewards and penalties
- Monitor and implement staff development, training, skills upgrades etc.
- Monitor and implement staff coaching to ensure optimal performance and development
- Apply Personnel Manual and procedure rules
- Assist in the recruitment of new staff
- Oversee filing and document maintenance including digital storage processes (backups etc.)
- Ensure timely and correct reports for all stakeholders
- Custodian of the Personnel Manual and the Financial Manual of the Foundation
Education level and capacities required
- Masters Degree in Management or similar field
- Six years of demonstrated experience at an organization
- Able to recognize market trends and translate them into opportunities for the Foundation
- Analytical and decisive –identify problems and solutions. Ability to express opinions and take action
- Good communicator
- Accuracy and eye for details
- Good writing skills in English
- Language: Fluency in Dzongkha and English. One who can speak Sharchop would be an added value in order to be able to communicate with all the nuns throughout the country.
- Empathy for Buddhist nuns and a capacity to identify with their way of life
- Willingness and ability for multitasking