The Bhutan Nuns Foundation (BNF) is pleased to announce a vacant post for the Site Engineer.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Duration: 24 Months, with possibility of extension
Duty Station: Tshalumaphey, Thimphu Bhutan
Objective of the Contract with expected results/outputs:
Under the overall supervision of the Executive Director and Board of Directors, the Site Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the execution of work in accordance with Contract specifications, drawings and BOQs, taking into account the local/international applicable construction standards. The Site Engineer will report directly to the Executive Director.
- The Site Engineer will be accountable and responsible for ensuring that all Structural Design construction is in accordance with the requirements for completeness, and accuracy as well as in compliance with the requirements of the National Building Code (NBC) and prevailing life safety codes.
- Upon completion of the design phase of project, full and appropriate implementation of the project, site supervision and design modifications if required with the Architect.
- Project reporting, quality control and the completion of all closure activities.
The incumbent will work as an integral part of BNF to perform the following duties:
- To assist in preparation of specifications, SOW (Statement of Works) and other supporting documents to procure goods and services in line with Project objectives and tasks;
- To assist BNF in drafting Statement of Work, including general/technical specifications, cost estimates for the Training Centre and other relevant BNF projects, taking in to account the applicable national/and international standards.
- Provide feasible building systems that employ standard construction techniques following established design parameters and coordinate the schedule of drawings for contract documents.
- To work as part of the site management team, liaising with, and working alongside Contractor, Project Manager, supervisors and sub-contractors (if any).
- To assist in inspection and ensuring the quality of materials used and work performed complies with Contract specifications, drawings and BOQs (Bills of Quantities).
- To monitor and conduct on-site meetings in clarifying technical design elements as required, including daily inspection of materials/works, quality of materials/work, and supervision to ensure the project results are achieved within stipulated time lines.
- To participate in meetings with BNF and other stakeholders to discuss the progress of works, technical matters and any bottlenecks that might delay the timely completion of the project.
- To participate in performance review meetings and discuss the work progress in relation to planned progress, variance and mitigation strategy to achieve project completion within contract duration.
- Preparation of the detailed implementation work plans as well as assisting in the development of future project proposals (and other related documents) in consultation with management and Architect for the timely commencement, implementation and completion of project activities.
- To liaise in close coordination with the designated Architect in preparing and coordinating structural specifications and compilation of final design package (drawings, specifications, design analysis, design calculations, and bills of quantities) of construction administration phase documents and to ensure the project is implemented in accordance with contract specifications, drawings/BOQs.
- To prepare project reports, including weekly/monthly progress reports to record on-going progress, variance and site issues if any.
- To manage inspections of structures, measurement of works/quantities for verification of bills for payment of secured advances and providing certification of satisfactory completion of works by contractors for payment of their completed works.
Performance indicators for evaluation of results:
- Work plan for project is fully and timely implemented;
- Component funds delivery reached 100%;
- Project activities are carried out in strict accordance with contract specifications and BNF rules and procedures
Qualifications and skills (Education, Experience and Competencies):
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Diploma or other relevant field;
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in Bhutanese traditional structural design of buildings for Diploma holders with 10 years experience.
- Communication and negotiation skills: results-driven with effective resource management skills. Flexibility and focus on processes and their improvement.
- At least 3 years of experience in Project Management, knowledge and experience in managing civil engineering projects;
- Familiarity with bidding procedures for procurement of civil works and services will be considered as advantage;
- Fluency in English and Dzongkha and other local languages will be an advantage.
BNF: will support him/her in the implementation part of the project.
The deadline for submission of applications is 19 June, 2016.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applicants who fulfil the requirements mentioned below are requested to submit a CV and a cover letter describing your interest to work for BNF to this e-mail: email@example.com or contact Tele/Fax No. 334502
Please, indicate Engineer for Construction site in the subject.